The Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development (the Nevada GOED) is leading an initiative to put Technology Commercialization on high priority in the state. We believe our institutions within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) are excellent sources of talent that can benefit both existing companies and entrepreneurial start-ups.
Technology Commercialization in Nevada means:
- Improving the profitability of existing firms by infusing new technologies, ideas, and research and development (R&D) solutions into operations
- Forming partnerships with and within Nevada corporations to identify the applied research for accelerating new products to market
- Transferring ideas discovered in higher education labs (and dorms) to private industry to enhance an existing product or create a start up
- Linking federal facilities, operations and land to the testing and evaluation of new discoveries, in partnership with industry and investors to advance an existing venture-backed firm
- Building national and international market-share in Nevada as a location for niche products
- Providing platforms for young people and students to convert their ideas into products, thereby enticing them to stay in Nevada
The program builds innovation ecosystems through a dual approach:
- Working with universities and research institutions to set up "Applied Research Centers" (based on the German Fraunhofer model) that assist small and medium-sized enterprises with developing and implementing new technologies.
- Creating support structures for entrepreneurs.
More information on Nevada's Centers of Excellence
Battle Born Venture
The State of Nevada has launched Battle Born Growth Escalator, an evergreen venture capital program. The program is overseen by the Governor's Office of Economic Development and seeks an economic return on investment. Battle Born Venture makes equity and equity-like investments in early stage, high growth Nevadan enterprises in the following industries: Aerospace & Defense; Agriculture; Energy; Information Technology; Logistics & Operations; Manufacturing; Mining; Tourism & Gaming; Water. Please visit www.battlebornventure.com or email email@example.com for more information.
More information on Battle Born Venture
IN THE NEWS
Nevada has funded the first Center of Excellence in Las Vegas to concentrate on the development and preservation of water resources: read about it!
12 Startups Remain in $100,000 Project Vesto Contest: read about it!