Workforce Innovations for a New Nevada (WINN)
One of the opportunities for companies looking to expand or locate their business operation in Nevada is the State’s ready and willing workforce, as well as Nevada’s commitment to create training programs that will equip workers with the skills needed by our employers.
WINN represents the first workforce development training program of its kind in Nevada and is a commitment to businesses to arm them with the skilled employees that they need. The program is administered by GOED in coordination Nevada System of Higher Education, the Governor’s Office of Workforce Innovations, the Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation, and the Nevada Department of Education. Since its inception, WINN has made more than $4 million in strategic investments to enable accelerated on-ramps to high-skill and high wage jobs in a New Nevada.
Employers may receive assistance from GOED to connect to an existing program or develop a custom program to meet their unique needs. Employers should complete the WINN Interest Form to get connected to the Workforce Development and Industry teams at GOED.
Employers can connect to existing industry partnerships funded by WINN, or reach out to authorized providers to explore workforce training needs.
Providers may apply to include their program on this list here.
Pre-applications are strongly recommended to be completed prior to submitting a full application.
The pre-application creates awareness for GOED staff and an opportunity to provide feedback and support prior to the full application development.
Applications for funding must be received by GOED not less than 30 days prior to the next GOED Board meeting for consideration.
Applications are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Consistency with the state plan for economic development and unified state plan.
- Support of the industrial and economic development of all geographic areas of the state.
- Provision of high-skill opportunities to state residents.
- Connection to high-wage jobs for state residents.
- Creation of equal opportunities to ensure equity, mobility and sustainability.
- Extensive industry involvement in program development.
- Integration with workforce development programming.
- Measurable outcome projections and workforce diversity action plans.
- Utilization of materials that are produced or bought in Nevada.
WINN in the News
More information on the WINN Program can be found here.
Please contact GOED’s Workforce Development Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.