Nevada Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
Why Nevada… for the UAV industry
Nevada has unmatched assets in place that make it a global leader for the Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) industry… for expansion, partial or total relocation, or a technology start-up.
If you are involved in the UAV industry, you’ve got to consider Nevada. If you are looking for the ideal location for your R&D and testing, we’re it. No other state can compare. If you are already a manufacturer involved in the industry, Nevada will be an excellent home for your expansion, where you can be nearer to testing locations.
We also offer a growing, thriving opportunity for UAV industry service providers such as training, software development and data centers.
Finally, entrepreneurs and technology start-ups will find all the resources you need right here as well.
Excellent operating base locations and testing sites:
- These locations have almost unlimited wide open spaces with sparse populations, but excellent proximity to larger urban centers with international airports:
- Creech Air Force Base – Southern Nevada
- Nellis Air Force Base – Southern Nevada
- Naval Air Station - Fallon, NV
- Fallon Municipal Airport
- Nevada National Security Site (NNSS)/Desert Rock Airport (DOE operated)
- Reno-Stead Airport
- Boulder City Municipal Airport
- There are multiple locations in Nevada where a company could turnkey a testing/R&D program with a very short turnaround time.
- Underneath and adjacent to existing Military Operating and Restricted Areas is natural topography that offers unique sensor testing and experimentation opportunities, from desert to forested mountains, and urban to rural
The best and most available air and space corridors:
Nevada’s airspace is unique: we have expansive Military Operations Areas (MOAs) for testing, and general aviation airspace ranges from extremely low density (both aircraft and population) to extremely high density in certain areas. Restricted airspace can be negotiated using partnerships with DOD and DOE Nevada facilities
We’ve got the experts here:
The skilled workforce is already here and ready to work
- Current civilian & military workers and managers
- Skilled military retirees
- Air Guard UAV techs & pilots
- Embry-Riddle graduates
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, aerospace engineering masters
- UAV certification programs
A climate ideal for testing and R&D:
- 320 days of sunshine in Nevada
- Southern Nevada weather among the most predictable in the nation
Low costs of start-up and operations:
- Abundance of economical commercial real estate near designated UAV airports near key metro areas, with large warehouse type facilities available
- Competitive utility rates for commercial operations
- Low-cost startup, regulatory, licensing and annual fees
- Proximity to west coast/California markets and businesses
- Robust data storage capacity, cloud computing resources and providers in-state
It’s in our DNA:
- The birthplace of the UAV industry
- Home of the industry’s first Center of Excellence
- First state to integrate National Guard into UAV program
- First to license autonomous cars on public roads
- More Department of Defense UAV pilots than any other state
- One of the first Embry-Riddle satellite campuses
- Long-time community support for testing, operations
- Governor-level commitment: Autonomous Systems Policy Planning Panel
- Governor’s Office of Economic Development: a dedicated industry specialist
- State of Nevada’s creation of a partnership of industry leaders, state facilitators and DOD/DOE facility managers that are task-and-talent organized to provide unique, turnkey flight test services and infrastructure
View the Full UAV Brochure
Consider Nevada… a global leader in the UAV industry.
Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development:
Thomas A. Wilczek
Defense and Aerospace Industry Representative
Nevada Aerospace & Defense In The News
If you aren’t already licensed to operate a drone or don’t know somebody who is, chances are you will by 2021, according to the Federal Aviation Administration. The agency expects that the number of...
Hawthorne, NV (February 22, 2017) – The Nevada Drone Industry set a new long-distance record for aerial package delivery flying a fixed-wing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) under beyond line of sight...
MELBOURNE, VICTORIA (July 26, 2016) – Governor Brian Sandoval has departed for Australia to lead a Nevada Trade Delegation that is focused on water technology and commercialization, mining, research...