Application for Local Emerging Small Business (ESB) Certification
An applicant seeking certification as a Local Emerging Small Business in the State of Nevada must submit a complete application to the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development. Failure of a business to disclose information in the application, or the submission of a materially incomplete application, may be grounds for a delay in the certification of the business or for denial of the certification. Submission of a falsified application may subject the applicant to civil and criminal liabilities.
- Applications must be submitted through the webpage. Any applications that are submitted by fax or email will not be accepted. If you experience issues with the webpage application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- Application review period may be up to 90 days from the date of submission.
To qualify as a Local Emerging Small Business, the applicant must:
- Submit a completed application to the Nevada Governor's Office of Economic Development;
- Be a Local Business;
- Be in existence, operational and operating for a profit;
- Maintain its principal place of business in Nevada;
- Be in compliance with all applicable licensing and registration requirements;
- Not be a subsidiary or parent company belonging to a group of firms that are owned or controlled by the same persons if, in aggregate, the group of firms does not qualify pursuant to program requirements;
- Be qualified as either a Tier 1 Local Emerging Small Business or a Tier 2 Local Emerging Small Business.
Any individual, firm or agency who believes that a Nevada Local Emerging Small Business does not satisfy the criteria to be certified may file a complaint with the Governor’s Office of Economic Development. Please email email@example.com or call (775) 687-9900.
- Emerging Small Business Program - One-Sheet Flyer
- Adopted Regulations ESB Program
- AB294 Legislation
- NRS 231
- Frequently Asked Questions