Application for Local Emerging Small Business (ESB) Certification
An applicant seeking certification as a Local Emerging Small Business in the State of Nevada must submit a complete application to the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development. Failure of a business to disclose information in the application, or the submission of a materially incomplete application, may be grounds for a delay in the certification of the business or for denial of the certification. Submission of a falsified application may subject the applicant to civil and criminal liabilities.
To qualify as a Local Emerging Small Business, the applicant must:
- Submit a completed application to the Nevada Governor's Office of Economic Development;
- Be a Local Business;
- Be in existence, operational and operating for a profit;
- Maintain its principal place of business in Nevada;
- Be in compliance with all applicable licensing and registration requirements;
- Not be a subsidiary or parent company belonging to a group of firms that are owned or controlled by the same persons if, in aggregate, the group of firms does not qualify pursuant to program requirements;
- Be qualified as either a Tier 1 Local Emerging Small Business or a Tier 2 Local Emerging Small Business.
Any individual, firm or agency who believes that a Nevada Local Emerging Small Business does not satisfy the criteria to be certified may file a complaint with the Governor’s Office of Economic Development. Please email email@example.com or call (775) 687-9900.
- Emerging Small Business Program - One-Sheet Flyer
- Adopted Regulations ESB Program
- AB294 Legislation
- NRS 231
- Frequently Asked Questions